First of all, what’s a wayzgoose? It’s a traditional gathering of printers, their apprentices and workers to celebrate the end of the summer printing season. You can learn more about it here. Every year, on the last Saturday in April, printers, book binders, paper makers and other book artists gather at the Grimsby Public Art Gallery to honour this tradition.
Join us on Saturday April 30, 2016 9am-5pm
We’ll be participating again this year and are really looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new artisans who are taking up the old traditions, and chatting with shoppers who are keen to learn more about what we do, and who are supporters of hand-made goodies. Here are the top 5 reasons you need to come to this show:
- Over 45 vendors – selling unique, one-of-a-kind, hand-made items, what more could you ask for? Perfect for finding a gift for Mom. (Yes, Mother’s Day is right around the corner.)
- The Grimsby Public Art Gallery – A wonderful example of combined community space. The building is integrated into the Grimsby Public Library and the Wayzgoose meanders through both spaces and spills into the historic Carnegie building.
- Free admission – hey, that leaves more money in your pocket to support the arts! And, it’s a great event to bring the kids to without breaking the bank.
- The Volunteers – Rhona Wenger and her team of volunteers work tirelessly to make this event happen, and they’ve been doing an outstanding job for 38 years now.
- Wine Route – The Town of Grimsby is on the cusp of the Niagara Wine Route with lots of new micro-wineries popping up all the time. Shop, then go savour some of the local food and wine. Road trip!
Hope to see you there – look for us in our red aprons! Directions and more information about this event can be found here.